Threat & Risk Assessment, Security Master Planning and Security Systems Design Services.
National security agencies, urban planning authorities, corporations, national and international oil companies, industrial cities, government facilities, oilfields, refineries, banks, pipeline networks, major event venues, ports and airports – these are the type of entities and key points for which provides Security Consulting and Systems Design expertise worldwide.
This offering covers the front-end consultancy component of our full lifecycle consultancy and implementation capabilities. Identification of security risks (where risk = threat + exposure) within the initial Security Risk Assessment allows us to develop the optimum security design to mitigate threats to the entity or facility. Subsequent integration of this security system design into the overall project design process as early as possible is central to the creation of safe and secure environments that are cost effective, resilient and future-proof.
Our consultancy teams focus on the design of security solutions that are compliant with regulations, commensurate with the risk level and which consider the specific activities and needs of the organisation, project or facility at stake.
At the same time, we strive to consider the impact of security on the wider enterprise or development and whether we can help realise low cost opportunities by exploiting as much of the existing infrastructure and legacy systems as possible while still achieving the security functions and maintaining operational requirements.
There are three tiers to our approach:
1. Security Risk Assessment (SRA)
Developing an understanding of our client’s business processes and organisation and establishing the ‘baseline’. We do this by measuring the effectiveness of existing systems. This allows us to determine the scale of improvement needed to meet new standards that have been set, either internally by the client or externally by other authorities.
We research and evaluate threats and specific vulnerabilities and set them against probability and impact should these threats be realised.
We will typically conduct a SRA during the early stages of any project. This will inform the subsequent security planning (conceptual, schematic and detailed security designs). The methodology we apply follows international standards and best practice, specifically ISO 33300:2010
Elements of our Security Risk Assessment include: Country Risk Assessment
- Process Analysis
- Asset Ranking & Critical Point Identification
- Threat and Consequence Assessment
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Business Continuity Audit
- Information Assurance Security Audit
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation Planning
2. Security Master Plan
This is the conceptual stage that details measures needed to mitigate risks and defines the development of the optimum strategy required to secure assets, business processes and people. Security Master Planning projects are flexible in nature. We scale from single buildings to new cities, ports, airports or major infrastructure projects requiring urban security planning, Secure by Design (SbD) and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED).
- Elements of our Security Master Plan include:
- Security master planning for major projects or multiple sites
- Stakeholder Requirements Analysis
- Operational Requirements & Protection Objectives
- Security Design Standards
- Strategic Security Policies
- Incident and Crisis Management Strategies
3. Security Systems Design
A security planning and engineering design process by which we deliver an end-to-end service from concept design through to full tender specifications, documents and construction drawings for technical, physical and operational solutions.
Elements of our Security Systems Design include:
- Design Development Phases
- Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Conceptual Design
- Detailed Design
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and construction drawings
- Specialist Systems Design
- Wide Area Detection including Ground and Maritime Radar systems
- Perimeter Intruder Detection Systems
- Video-based detection, alarm assessment and surveillance using optical and Thermal Imaging systems
- Pipeline and Linear Asset protection Systems
- Access Control and Identity Management Systems
- Fixed and Mobile Asset Tracking and Management
- Hostile Vehicle Mitigation Systems
- Vehicle and Personnel Scanning Systems
- Blast and Physical Building Protection Measures
- Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) and C4i systems
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and (Thermal Imaging Cameras) systems design
- Passenger Information Display Systems (PIDS) design
- ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition)
- Video analytics
- Project Management
- Tender Evaluation
- Construction Supervision
- Independent Site Acceptance Testing
- Security System Audits